...my blog for celebrating and sharing the sweet things in life...



Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Migh-Tea Table

Okay, so I've ToTally outdone myself with the "T's This Time. It is, after all, my favorite leTTer of the alphabet AND my favorite drink. So, I'm Talking about what?

Let me begin by saying I came across the cuTest Table at a garage sale this weekend. It's the perfecT size for my dining room. Not Too Tall, or Too Tiny. But as most garage sale Treasures do, it needed a little T L C.

Thus the dash to Home Depot for painT, then off to JoAnn Fabrics, where I spoTTed the most Terrific Toile!! I'm ToTally mad about Toile!

I began my Task by lighTly sanding and then repainTing the chairs in an heirloom whiTe. The chairs, as I bought Them were slighTly scuffed, and the previous painter was sloppy. It's okay- I love spray painT! I went over them with a coaT of the anTique shade of whiTe, giving them a much needed facelifT. Oooh, how preTTy they are now! I also decided to glaze over the paint to make it look even more anTiqued.

I painTed the base of the Table as well, covering up the ivy stencil. Whew. Much beTTer! I roughed up the edges of the chairs and Table base to enhance their primiTive qualiTy with some fine griT sandpaper...



Then the exciTment begins! I Took my Toile and soaked it in cooled, brewed Tea for only a few Tender minutes! Look- insTanT vinTage! After it dried overnight, I simply recovered the seaTs. Look what Tea can do to insTanTly age some fabric! Left is after staining, right is how is looked when I brought it home.

Four seaT cushions finished... Time for securing to the base!

Now LOOK at this Terrific Table! Totally, uh,... Toni! (I've run out of "T" adjectives) But if you know me at all, I'm certain you'll agree "Toni" is an appropriate adjective in describing my Table!

How I love my new Tea Table featuring Tea-Tinted Toile painTed anTique whiTe!

No comments:

Post a Comment