...my blog for celebrating and sharing the sweet things in life...



Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cutesy Halloween Songs for Kids

I'm gradually starting to get in the mood for Halloween. It could be the falling leaves and the cooler weather. It could be the fun decorations I'm seeing in stores. It could also just be the candy corn I've been eating.

Christmas hasn't taken a backseat, however. I'm still ho ho ho-ing around. Uh, maybe that was a poor choice in words...

Ahem. Anyway, I came across these fun little songs in a really old children's song book that I thought I'd share, they'd be great for a children's party or just to sing while you're out trick or treating!


OH MY MONSTER, FRANKENSTEIN
(sung to "Oh, My Darling Clementine")

In a castle, by the mountains
Near the dark and murky Rhine
Dwelt a doctor, the conconctor
Of the monster, Frankenstein

Chorus: Oh my monster, oh my monster
Oh my monster, Frankenstein
You were built to last forever,
Dreadful scary Frankenstein

In a graveyard, near the castle
Where the moon refused to shine
He dug for noses and for toeses
For his monster, Frankenstein

Repeat Chorus

The Pumpkin on the Vine
(sung to "The Farmer in the Dell")

The pumpkin on the vine
The pumpkin on the vine
I picked the one that weighed a ton
And that's the one that's mine

I made two funny eyes
A mouth that's over sized
The other gook my Mother took
For baking pumpkin pies

The pumpkin on the vine
The pumpkin on the vine
He's now a jack-o'-lantern
And you ought to see him shine.

That jack-o'-lantern of mine!


Too cute, eh? Hmmm... need to make one up using "Row Row Row Your Boat!" Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment