...my blog for celebrating and sharing the sweet things in life...



Monday, December 21, 2009

A Brief Hiatus for the Holidays


As always, my plans far exceed what happens in reality, and I must apologize for not having more Christmas blog entries to share. I intended on sharing some of my most-guarded Christmas cookie recipes with you all, but the fact-of-the-matter is I have only time for baking them right now, so tapping out the recipes on this blog just isn't optional.

Funny how, even though I've been preparing for the holidays since September, I'm still remembering all those "little" things that need to be done... like search high and low for genuine mistletoe since my Mom pointed out that the silks just "aren't the same". And scrambling through the stores for all of those last-minute gifts for those I've forgotten. And picking up that box of baking soda which somehow was left off my baking shopping list. Do you know I haven't even sat down to watch Christmas cartoons with TJ yet?

I haven't even mailed cards yet. Too bad nobody appreciates intentions. I intended on sending you are card, but... and I intended on having you over for dinner, but... and I intended on taking you to the Nutcracker Ballet, but... Too often I am just that- a butt...

But, alas a working girl just can't squeeze in all of those extra things some times. And I'm not going to beat myself up if I don't find that mistletoe or if I only have time to bake 5 different types of Christmas cookies instead of 10 this year.

I've never been one for New Year's Resolutions, but I'm actually looking forward to 2010 because I've got some exciting news to share, and I'm actually going to make some resolutions this year. This past year has taught me a valuable lesson, and I'm going to take my new life lesson and make 2010 better than 2009- which isn't saying too much because in all honesty we've actually had a great 2009!

That being said, I must bid you all adieu, for it's likely I will not be posting again during this week of Christmas. After the holiday, I will surely have pictures and stories to share, for both blogs, so please check back in the first week of January!

I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed Christmas, with my wishes for a fabulous 2010!
And God bless us, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment