...my blog for celebrating and sharing the sweet things in life...



Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Good Tidings of Great Joy

Well my friends, my Thanksgiving holiday went fabulously, and with nary a slap while we all indulged in the macaroni-and-cheese!

Funny how once a certain holiday or season is over, immediately any reference or reminder of it suddenly seems so out-of-fashion. So once the last bite of sweet potatoes had been gobbled up, the fall decorations were promptly boxed up and the mistletoe and holly begin to grace the banisters. Lights suddenly surround windows, and somewhere in the background I hear Burl Ives wishing us a "Holly, Jolly Christmas!"

As you are aware, I have been working on Christmas since the spirit hit me in October. Other than the baking and wrapping, for the most part I'm way ahead of the game this year! Only a few gifts left to purchase, and I can sit back and relish in the joy of the season!

My only controversy this year is whether or not to put up a real tree or find a nice faux somewhere.

I'm not blessed with a very large living room, so sadly a large bushy tree isn't an option. What to do, what TO DO! Well, at any rate my gingerbread men will have a branch to hang on, soon I am certain.

That being said, I must run off... it's starting to cool considerably outside and I hear my kettle whistling. Time for some comfort and joy in a pretty Christmas mug!


No comments:

Post a Comment