...my blog for celebrating and sharing the sweet things in life...



Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Recipe of the, uh, week; TJ'S FAVORITE PIEROGIES

My son wanted a simple dinner fixed for his 6th birthday. His request was this:

*Steaks on the grill, prepared by Daddy because Mommy's aren't as good.

*Corn on the cob, he loves those little corn holders.

*Pierogies, preferably cheese and potato.

By now you know I'm quite Polish, and pierogies are a staple in our diets. Well, it's a staple in everyones diet in Western PA. Even our Italian friends.

Today I'm going to share with you the best lip-smacking pierogie recipe:

Step One. Open up a box of Mrs. T's. We are partial to the mini 4-cheese and potato kind.

Step Two. Follow the directions for sauteing on the back of the box. Don't forget to saute with an onion.

And you thought I made them from scratch?? Not a chance! And man, did I get off easy with his birthday dinner!

Great news for everyone in New Mexico! You can find them, in Walmart. Check the frozen foods case.

No comments:

Post a Comment