...my blog for celebrating and sharing the sweet things in life...



Monday, July 26, 2010

Mid-Summer Blues

Uh oh. Do you feel what I feel? Hot, tired, and just generally ready to skip these next several sticky weeks of summer and dive right into a freshly raked pile of leaves?

I don't know if it's these record temperatures or if it's just that fact that I'm getting old, but summertime just isn't as fun as it used to be.

In March, my mind was drifting away to thoughts of sipping sweet sun tea, lounging pool side. Now those days are here, and I'm inwardly wincing at the thought of another 90-plus degree week. Maybe if I wasn't stuck inside so much, I could enjoy summer a little more.

We've really only one more big last hurrah before it's back to the grind- school starts in exactly FIVE weeks! I'm planning a huge bash for my husband's 40th birthday, and his sister is flying in from New Mexico to help celebrate! I'm excited to see her, it's been so long! All this party planning... he better enjoy himself! It's exhausting- caterer or do it myself?? Insulting decorations (I've been toying with the idea of a dinosaur-themed party or a cemetery-theme!) or something a little less involved. Right now, I'm leaning more towards a simple black and gold theme- the timing seems appropriate, considering football season is also right around the corner.

We've got a quick trip to the beach scheduled, and I'm taking off almost two full weeks of work for a much-needed-and-well-deserved vacation.

I can actually sense the winding down of the summer season- the crickets are louder and lightening bugs few. It's a sure sign of the aging season.

At any rate, I'm feelin' the mid-summer blues... maybe an ice-cream sundae is in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment