...my blog for celebrating and sharing the sweet things in life...



Monday, January 10, 2011

A Merry Midwinter

Winter blahhhhhs. Oh, I've got 'em. And we're not even halfway through January. Funny how the weather really does set ones mood.

Christmas was truly wonderful this year, although something seemed to be missing. I can't put my finger on it just yet. We did all of the traditional Christmassy things that we do. Baking. Decorating. Shopping. Traveling to and fro. Party over here, party over there. Church stuff. Scout stuff. (You know how I feel about that.) We even had a wonderfully white Christmas, something that has been amiss my first two Christmases back in good 'ol PA.

But something else was amiss this whole Christmas season, and it's really starting to bug me. I spent the weekend "de-Christmasing"- putting away the old and bringing out the new and all that. But the whole time I'm thinking to myself "What did I miss"??

In time it may come to me. It may just be that as I get older the magic of Christmas begins to fade with each passing year. I try so hard to make the holidays a wonderful time for my son. Growing up the whole Christmas season seemed to be one never-ending holiday. I wish so desperately to recreate that for TJ. I know he had a wonderful Christmas, in fact his Thank you letter to Santa sincerely expressed that this was HIS BEST CHRISTMAS EVER.

Well, well. I'll figure it out sooner or later. And maybe I'll update this post. Until then- stay warm my friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment