...my blog for celebrating and sharing the sweet things in life...



Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Great Longaberger Score

A new thrift store just opened up about 6 miles from my house, and about 1 mile from my office. You know what that means! Lots of lunch-time thrifting! It's called Thrift King, and during my first visit there I scouted a royal treasure to be sure!

LONGABERGER! Can you believe it! For (drum roll please) $6.00! I looked up this newspaper basket, a discontinued item, on EBay and other resale sites and the cheapest ad I saw for this very basket was $60.00! My basket is in pristine condition, too. Not a single nick, scratch or stain. As you can see, I've already found it's proper place, nestled right beside the love seat holding my magazines and whatever else.

I also found a great little wrought-iron shelf for my bathroom, and a pie-crust lattice cutter (still in the original packaging, appearing to be unused), both of which were less than $2.00.

Oh Thrift King, how I love thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment