...my blog for celebrating and sharing the sweet things in life...



Thursday, May 24, 2012

Bored with Toile and Annoyed With Sentence Starters

You might remember a couple years ago I showed you my garage sale table that I repainted.  I covered the seat cushions with a lovely tea-stained toile. 

Well, I'm in the process of a table make-over.  I'll post pictures soon.  After a few years of wear, the toile is boring and unattractive, and the tabletop itself was a victim of a nasty Sharpie attack.

My uber-talented husband built a new table with his big, masculine hands, and I'm keeping the chairs but freshening them up with some new paint and new seat covers.  I've been browsing for fabrics, but so far nothing has caught my eye.  I'm opting for a sagey-green colored heavy upholstery fabric with some sort of pattern.  I just can't do a solid color.  Spots show too easily, and Lord knows we can be a messy family.  (Like I said, Sharpie attack....)

Well, hopefully over the long Memorial Day weekend between my son's birthday business, Pirate games and picnics 'll get my table finished.

On a totally unrelated matter, I have a tenant that has been irritating the ever-loving snot out of me with her constant repeating of "Well, the thing of it is..."   As in:  "Well, the thing of it is, I have a doctors appointment and I won't be home."  And, "Well, the thing of it is, I never really liked vegetables."  And, "Well, the thing of it is, my car is in the garage and I can't make it to your office today".

To which I must say in the total anonymity of the world wide web:  "The thing of it is, you need to stop starting every sentence this way.  The thing of it is, more often than not it makes absolutely no sense and a group of sentences that should take you 5 second to say ends up taking 15, and in all honesty talking to you for any length of time is about as fun as a pap smear, so make your point and leave me alone."

I'm not bitter or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment