...my blog for celebrating and sharing the sweet things in life...



Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Working Week Away From Home

Every October, I am forced to attend an annual conference for my work held at the breathtakingly beautiful Seven Springs Resort. It's three whole days away from the hubby and the kid. Three whole days of having someone else clean my room and make my dinner. I'm able to read before bedtime, without hearing "Mo-om..." or "Hey, did you finish the laundry? I'm out of socks for work."

Let me just tell you. It's terrible. So terrible being forced to sleep in an uber-luxurious room, with views such as this-

along with my own private patio and walkway for enjoying the fresh mountain air.


Looking out my window, or any window at the resort, I see only the ski slopes, and experience the serene surroundings and it's just, well, relaxing. Oh, I mean horrible. I can't even mention that they have their own private spa and salon, the details of which are most dreadful.


I'm forced to stuff my self with gourmet food on the company's dime. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Like this amazing peppercorn rubbed Filet Mignon in a saffron and lavender sauce I had one evening. Ugh. Or the omelet station with my own chef making my omelet anyway I want (load up on all that cheese, Mister!!) at breakfast.

Okay, so I'm exaggerating a little. It's not so bad. On the contrary, it's quite wonderful to get away for a few days, even if it is work related.

My favorite part? Not the fine dining or the spa. Not the gift shoppes or even the relaxing walks outdoors. It's a little bakery called Gingerbread Dreams. The smell that wafts from there as I walk down the halls is intoxicating. Fresh... baked... gingerbread...cookies... so can't wait until next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment