...my blog for celebrating and sharing the sweet things in life...



Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Giving Thanks For The Unusual

It's tradition in many homes to gives thanks for the obvious on Thanksgiving. Your home, your health, your delicious dinner, and so on.

I too am thankful for all of those things, but I have a short list of other things that I am really thankful for, for various reasons. I'd like to share them, so in no particular order here they are:


1. Antacids. Heartburn is a constant friend of mine.

2. Police Academy Movies. (Except for the 6th one.) Whenever I need a laugh, all I have to do is think of one line from any of the first five movies and I can go on with my day. "What kind of clown do you think I am? A juggling clown?" Say no more.

3. Judy in accounting. Where, oh where, would I be without Judy? Probably in the unemployment line.

4. My Ped Egg. Without a doubt, one of man's best inventions since the telephone.

5. Hand Sanitizer Wipes by the carts at Wal-Mart. Oh, Wal-Mart! You think of everything!

6. Nachos. Because I have antacids.

7. The Internet. I don't know how we ever lived without it!

8. Ina Garten. Ina is undoubtedly one of the coolest people on the planet.

9. Stop signs. Need I explain?

10. Calculators. I could never do all that math on a piece of paper.

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving full of graditude for the little things that often go unthanked!

No comments:

Post a Comment