...my blog for celebrating and sharing the sweet things in life...



Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Vintage Valentine Greetings!

Remember when Valentine's Day cards had personality?  (Back before Spongebob took over the Valentine universe?)



 My 2nd-grade son picked out the most incredibly ugly, non-Valentine-y cards imaginable to pass out to his class today.  They don't even come with envelopes anymore.  His were Extreme Sports Valentine's Day Cards.  They have pictures of skateboards and motorcycles and jet skis.  They say dumb things like "You've got MAD skills, Valentine!"  and "Dude, you are AWESOME". 


It was depressing, sitting at the kitchen table last evening helping him address these silly little, well, I guess you can call them cards.  I wanted to rush out and by some cute little pink and red doilies and glitter and stickers and have him make his own.  But he would have suddenly had a sore throat when he woke up this morning and begged me to let him stay home.  I mean, really- who takes the time to actually make their own cards nowadays?



Reminisce with me for a minute- I'm about to get all Dick and Jane.  And if you have a colored printer, click on the images and print these REAL Valentine's Day cards off on some card stock and glue them to heart-shaped paper doilies, and pass them on for some nostalgic Valentine's Day fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment