...my blog for celebrating and sharing the sweet things in life...



Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Bird Nests In A Blizzard

This past Sunday, we had our annual Easter dinner at my Mother's.  TJ and I made our bird nest cookies.


We make them every year, they are simple and very cute.  Almost as cute as the little boy holding one he made.

I was so excited to find butter in the shape of a lamb.  Mom had this at her Easter table alongside the Paska Bread, Hrudka and pickled eggs when she was little.  I remember hearing about it- so finding it in the grocery store was very nostalgic for her.  We actually have our Easter dinner on Palm Sunday so that my brother's families and I can make it without the pressures of being pulled in different directions on Easter Sunday. 


This week at my house we are celebrating what I call "Passover Light".  I call it "light" because I don't know enough prayers in Hebrew to give Passover it's proper due.  I think it's important to understand the significance of Passover prior to Easter.  Contradictory, I realize.  But that's us- just one big screwy contradiction.  Tonight I am making Matzo ball soup. 

Speaking of screwyness, did someone forget to remind Mother Nature that it is late March?  Last year at this time I had daffodils.  This was my commute this morning. 

Happy Easter, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment