...my blog for celebrating and sharing the sweet things in life...



Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Stuck Like Chuck

Well, we finally did it.

Made a commitment.

A for-sure, for-real, planted-roots-and-ain't-going-nowhere kind of commitment.  My apologies to English teachers everywhere for my last sentence.

WE BOUGHT A HOUSE.

Guess that means we are NOT moving back to New Mexico or Arizona or Nebraska any time soon.  Ok, not Nebraska ever.  Ewww.  No offense to Nebraskinians, I just don't like your state.

Yes, good ol' Pennsylvania is where we will be indefinitely.  So it's been a super busy summer.  These last few weeks in particular due to the move and all that is part of the moving process.  I have taken at least seven boxes of stuff to Goodwill, which coincidentally enough were full of things I originally bought there anyway.  Goodwill truly is the gift that keeps giving.

Our house leans towards a somewhat (gasp) contemporary suburban split entry style.  Which means all of my cutesy dollhouse country furniture and décor has got to find a new home.  Oh, I'm keeping some of it, but I will be setting up our new living quarters with more of a folk-artsy flair.

So I'm going through a minimalist phase, realizing that in this larger space less is going to be more.  At least that's what I keep telling myself now. 

I will post some pictures when I have some to share.  It may be sometime, so please don't wait with eager anticipation.





No comments:

Post a Comment